Tuesday, January 24, 2017

College = Stress

It's the third week of classes, assignments are starting to pile on and the stress is starting to set in. I'm at the point where I'm trying to get organized and get into a routine for the semester, but each day brings a new challenge in the form of assignments. You accomplish one, only to be assigned another.

I am a "planner." I keep a very organized planner and write down all of my assignments when they are due, along with my daily to-do lists. Even though I have a very expensive iPad and iPhone that go with me just about everywhere, I prefer to keep a physical planner instead of using the calendar and reminder apps. While I am looking forward exploring the technology resources Dr. Clark is exposing us to, I am a bit overwhelmed. For class organization purposes we have the typical BlackBoard page, OneNote, DO, and Remind. At some points I don't which one I should be using.

I absolutely do not feel that the cluster of technology resources is meant to confuse or overwhelm us, but instead to simply experience ourselves with. By the end of the semester we will be equipped with multiple resources. One day (in the hopeful near future) we can choose the resource we feel best fits our own classroom and use them to facilitate student learning (standard 4 of the Professional Teacher Standards).


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah!
    I agree with you on wanting to stay organized in order to keep up with assignments, and I understand that the huge amounts of technology in this class are a bit overwhelming but I feel that in the end, it will greatly benefit us as future educators, and help us to create a better learning environment for our students. I like how you talked about standard four and how it relates to the topics that we discussed in class. Overall I really enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete