Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Becoming a Kindergartener

I am not surprised that Kindergarteners can use technology better than I can. My niece is 3 years old and loves to play on my iphone. I am excited to learn about and use some of the new technology resources Dr. Clark is exposing us to. I am even more excited to use them in my own classroom one day. One of my favorites so far is Goose Chase. I had so much fun getting out of the classroom, interacting with other students, thinking outside the box, and racing to complete the tasks before the other team. I can't wait to create math scavenger hunts for my future middle schoolers.

Another resource I am looking forward to using is Remind101. I have used this before for other classes and clubs, however I had never thought of using it to keep in contact with parents. This an easy and great way to keep parents informed, as well as remind students about assignments without giving out my personal number.

I am super excited about this semester and all the technology resources I am going to experience and learn to use. We all know becoming an adult is hard, but in EDUC 316 we get to become Kindergarteners!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah!
    I agree with your statement on wanting to learn how to become more familiar with technology, and eventually learning how to incorporate these techniques in our future classrooms. I really enjoyed the scavenger hunt that we did today because it taught us how to work together using the "4C's" which will be very important in the future when working with other faculty members. I am also very happy to have Remind 101 for this class because it makes the teacher/student communication so much easier than using email. I am really excited for this class and i'm glad that you feel the same way! I enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goose Chase was so much fun! I had never had any experience with it either and I can't wait to try to incorporate it into my classroom. I'm not the biggest fan of technology, but I know that learning more about it and implementing its use can ultimately help keep my students engaged in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not really think about all the technology that we use until reading your blog. We really have so many opportunities out there to use technology in our future classrooms and it is exciting! I think that math scavenger hunts would be awesome in a middle school math class! Can't wait to read more of your experiences and great ideas this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I love the Goose Chase game the best! Creating scavenger hunts sounds like a great idea. I may have to do that for my music students some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are coming with the attitude of being a kinder! We will continue to explore, and I will challenge you as a class to incorporate technology more and more in your lessons.

    With your next blog, I challenge you to relate your learning to the NCTCS.

    ReplyDelete