Friday, January 12, 2018

Welcome Back!

Welcome back to my education journey! It's been awhile since my last blog and A LOT has changed. I am getting ready to (finally) begin my student teaching experience and I could't be more excited!

I am posting this blog a week late, and it will be shorter as I was not actually in the classroom yet. However, I was busy busy getting ready to walk into the classroom on Monday, January 8.

I found out just before Christmas where my placement would be, so I waited for Central Office to open back up and spent the first week in January getting a background check, drug test, TB test,... all that fun stuff. Once all of that was done, I was finally able to contact my clinical educator (CE) and make plans to meet with her.

With all that going on, I also spent the week reading, hi-lighting, making notes, and rereading the student teaching handbook, syllabus, and the 7th grade math standards. I was anxious to get into the classroom and to be as prepared as I could be. I also started trying to plan out how I was going to keep myself organized this semester and made lots of folders in my computer.

It was a stressful week knowing that I wasn't starting on the first day of school. However, I am thankful for the extra week that I had to rest and recover from a surgery I had over Christmas break. Thats about all I have to say for now. My next blog will be much more inclusive and detailed as I will actually be in the classroom. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    Good work preparing to get back into the swing of things! Preparation will make the transition easier.

    Dr. C

    ReplyDelete