Thursday, August 31, 2017

Enjoying the Last Parts of Summer...

My blog this week will be shorter, since I am pretending that school hasn't started back and spending one final week at the beach. This will probably be the last time I am able to vacation at the end of August, as in years to come I will be getting ready to start the school year as a teacher and not a student.

Obviously, I was not able to make it to my school this week but I have been in contact with my clinical educator and she is expecting me for majority of the day next Tuesday. In the mean time, I gave her a copy of my clinical experience checklist and she has sent me a few things this week that she thought would help me in completing it and prepare me for her classroom. Some of these things included the school handbook and schedule, as well as her classroom schedule.

I have focused on reading and becoming familiar with the school handbook. Knowing this informtion may seem like a simple task, but it is an important one. The information in it helps prepare me to be a better leader in the school (NCTCS 1), and helps me create an environment in my class that best suits the needs of the school (NCTCS 2).

Tomorrow, my vacation comes to an end and next week I will be forced to buckle down and focus on school. While I dread it, at the same time I look forward to embracing it and finishing my last semester of course work with a bang. I am super excited to see what my time at Shelby Middle School will bring.

5 comments:

  1. Sarah, I'm sure we will all be wishing we were back on vacation soon enough! It's great that your CE is already giving you information to help you complete your checklist. I'm sure those things will be really helpful once you are in the school next week. Best of luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I'm glad you're taking the initiative to get acclimated to your school even though you can not be there this past week. Knowing all of that information will help your visit next week be smooth and beneficial. Best of luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    I am glad that you were able to look over the handbook for your school because that is important information that we will need to know as we are in our school and prepare for student teaching. Getting tasks checked off of our clinical experience checklist is so crucial and I am glad you are starting to do that now! I hope you have a good day at your school on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    I'm so jealous you're at the beach. This weather is absolutely perfect for it! It's great that you are already getting things checked off on the clinical checklist. I've been trying to do the same. I've yet to acquire a student handbook, but plan to do so on Wednesday. It's good that you are becoming familiar with it; that will help you understand the school system much better. You're going to have a great semester and year, and soon enough you'll be back at the beach wondering where the past 9 months went, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be your last time to vacation at the end of August, and I'm glad you are keeping up with your CE!

    ReplyDelete